Wednesday, June 8, 2016

If Only....



So I've been feeling a bit guilty about not getting weekly posts up.  But the reality is that the plate has been a bit too full lately and my writing has gotten lost in the fray. The words just won't come. Then I remembered this poem-prayer I wrote in my journal a while back.  It seemed appropriate for this season of my life.

If only I....
These words ring loud in the head.
If only I....
                     got more sleep
                     had a few more hours in the day
                     could get this one project done
                     have a day off
                     get the job

We each have our if only's.
What would it be like if they got replaced with something more life giving?

If only I....
                   remember it's ok to be tired sometimes
                   remember I don't have to do it all
                   remember I am not alone on this journey of life
                   gave myself the grace I extend to others
                   remembered that God is present and to take time in the stillness of God's presence.

I would like to remember these more grace filled if only's.
                                                                                                                AMEN
                   


No comments:

Post a Comment