Friday, July 1, 2016

The Words Went On Vacation

Ok, it’s confession time.  I spend a fair amount of time in my life promoting self-care and keeping balance in life.  I’m sure I’ve even written about it at least once here at Chaplainhood.  But lately – like the whole last month of June it has felt like I have been going full out for the entire month.  I had way to many “irons in the fire” and did just too much just trying to survive the day, week, and month.  And now it is July 1 and I have no idea how it got here so fast.

I am tired, and every time I have sat down to write a post I get one or two sentences out and then the brain shuts down and refuses to put forth any more creativity. It seems that for now the words of my soul have decided to take a vacation. And I have finally stopped long enough to listen to the wisdom that comes in the silence of no words to write.

July is a tender month for me; it is the month of Hope’s death and each July I know I need to give an extra measure of grace to myself. And so once again I am extending a measure of grace in allowing the silence of my usual creative writing to just be what it is, silent. I have decided to let my creative writing take the vacation it has already gone on and will be taking the month of July off here at Chaplainhood.


I will be back at the writing thing again in early August with hope for a restored creative spirit. So in the mean time, May blessings surround you wherever your July journeys take you.



No comments:

Post a Comment