Thursday, January 19, 2017

Sighs and Groans

There seems to be a feeling of great uncertainty hovering around.  You can pick your arena of uncertainty – health issues, financial issues, relationship issues, politics.  And I am certain the list could go on.  I don’t know about you, but when I am facing uncertainty, is when I feel the need to pray deepen.  I also seem to have the experience that it is at that time I am so weary that I can’t muster the energy to create words, but to only sigh – great – big sighs.  For this time I simply offer this poem prayer.





Sighs……just sighs.
Partly because I’m oh so tired.
Partly because there is so much going on in my head,
And in the world,
And in life.

It seems all I can do is sigh and groan.
Those are the only kind of prayer I can seem to offer right now,
When I can’t make clear the chaos of the words and feelings in my head.

Thank you God for hearing my sighs and groans,
For knowing me and my prayers that are in these sighs and groans.

AMEN

2 comments: