Monday, December 4, 2017

A Seasonal Choice



















My in box is already filled with adds,
Letting me know of all the stuff my loved ones "need".
The TV is awash with similar adds
As well as messages about what I need to make the Holidays Perfect.

My soul cringes at this excess noise surrounding me.
My quiet contemplative wants to scream out:
It's not the stuff that is needed most.
A perfect holiday is not what we should strive for.

Instead I would suggest that it is the presence of my
full and undistracted self that would be the perfect gift.
Instead of filling my hours and minutes with busy work to make the day perfect,
I should give myself the gift of a quiet hour with a cup of tea - time to quiet the noise of the world
so that I can hear myself, hear you God.

Either way I choose to go, it is a fact - the Holidays are here.
Do I choose to fill my month with stress and busy or
Do I choose simplicity and presence and quiet moments.

For me I am going to choose simplicity, presence and quiet
allowing my soul to breathe
and remember
what is most important about the season.
Remembering the birth of a little child
who later chose to give us the greatest gift of his life.
Remembering Jesus who really just wants of me to be present
to his Love and Grace.
So that I can shine it forth to all who need to know it too.

What will you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment