Monday, March 26, 2018

Journeying

Journeying is an act
of movement and rest.
Of being and doing.

Journeying is not a sprint,
it is an intentional meander
where one must be willing to
pause and ponder
but also to
press on at times.

This journeying I am doing
is teaching me
awareness of the ebb and flow.
It is teaching me
grace for the times
I feel guilt over
being lax in my journeying work.

It is in this space of grace
that this doer
is learning the importance
of rest and pause.

It is in this rest and pause that this doer
has learned to see the rest as just being,
as nourishment
for the next part of the journey
that will require strength to
press on,
to go deep,
to do active work.

To be a journeyer
is to be able to
embrace self grace
and self compassion.

Or so it is that
this journeyer
is just beginning to learn.

This is my journeying lesson,
what is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment