Monday, June 25, 2018

Water and Spirit

Water strong and deep,
the kind that is able to
fall in a gentle rain
to nourish a dry thirsty earth.

Water strong and deep,
the kind that has the power
to rage and tumble over rocks
and make rapids.

Water strong and deep,
the kind that is wild
breaking it's banks
refusing to be reigned in.

Spirit
like water
falls in a gentle nourishing cascade.

Spirit
like water
flows powerfully
moving us to action.

Spirit
like water
refuses to be held in boundaries.

Spirit
that guides my steps
to be Your hands and feet God.

Spirit that opens me up when
I need to return to the
water of Your presence God.
The well of renewal in Your word.

So that I can once again
be like nourishing, renewing water
to those that cross my path.

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment