Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Breathing, Grieving, Preparing

As I have made my rounds today both in my work, but also on my Facebook feed I have encountered people, people  who are processing and trying to make sense of and figure out their feelings. I have encountered people who are grieving and struggling with difficult feelings. And as I wandered through my day and my rounds I have struggled with what to write today and put out there.  There have been good words written and spoken by many about ways we can help our children to feel safe, about how we can start to move forward and do the work of striving for moving towards respect, working for justice issues and ultimately unity. 

As we move forward might I suggest tempering our need for news with breaks from media and social media and instead find quiet spaces where our souls can rest and recover for the work ahead. Find safe places for you to process your thoughts and feelings. Honor your feelings, do the work of grief if that is what you are feeling.  Try to keep from laying blame and pointing fingers, but instead find the places of commonality and hope that are still surrounding us. Speak with grace and words that speak of love and hope. And as we find our own healing may we then remember that there are so many more that need a compassionate, willing companion as they seek to move out of their own fear and into the work of the days ahead.

God of all,
It has been difficult and divisive days.
I am weary, we are weary.
It is hard to be hopefilled, yet you call us to be people of the light.
And with light comes hope.
Guide our thoughts, words, actions in the days to come.
May every breath in be one of your light, love and hope.
May every breath we breathe out be one of healing.
Help us to remember that you call us to be your hands and feet in this world.
Help us to move into the work of the days ahead with grace and love.
AMEN.



No comments:

Post a Comment