Monday, January 1, 2018

Possibilities for the New Year

I have fasted and been silent, letting myself just be in the desert place I was.
And then, God, you gave me water in the midst of my desert wilderness.
In the experience of receiving this water my fast was broken.
It is time now to embrace both silence and word,
To come gently to the banquet of your knowledge.

May presence to you in silence be my water of life.
May listening to your words to me be my food of life.
May the promise of renewed knowledge of you be my sustinence.


Baren
Laid waste
Frozen through

Winter Frost
Pure snow
Beautiful Hope

Promises
Posibilities
New Hopes

How appropriate it is that the New Year come in winter.

We are given the opportunity to enter gently and reflectively letting our hopes for the year take root and blossom; just as nature is taking root - resting - waiting to blossom once again.

God, the way you weave all together in a beautiful intricate interdependence never ceases to leave me in awe.  Thank you.  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment