Monday, April 16, 2018

The Heart of the Matter

 To move into the heart of all things,
To see beyond the surface,

What would this do to the way I see the world?
The way I experience the world?

What kind of chaplain would this make me?
What kind of person would this make me?

What would I see?
Would I see the brokenness of the person
who seems to have it all together?
Would I see the beautiful gifts that the person
who is down on their luck,
the person who lives on the fringe of society has to offer?

Would I see the belovedness of the person I disagree with most?

Would I finally be able to move past me vs. them to us?

Would I finally do more to care for creation
and help our earth not only to survive but to thrive?

Would I come to a deeper understanding of myself
and my place in life?

I can only imagine that the answer might be yes
and more.
Pondering is easy,
Action is more difficult.

Lord, Give me the courage to see into the heart of all things.
And then let that change me.   AMEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment