Monday, April 2, 2018

Worship


An older youth lets a younger youth snuggle up close.


An adult lets a young one crawl up on the lap
and in doing so,
acknowledges that young one's interest
in the adult's part of worship.

A family shares musical gifts together.

We gather not in individual family groupings
but instead together as one whole family
recognizing our interconnectedness in each others lives.

We hear words of hope and resurrection.

We hear words reminding us of our worthiness.

But it is in the actions of those gathered
of those around me
that I witness what it means to live as an Easter people.

As I ponder and wonder and cherrish
I realize not only have I worshiped
But I have sat intimately at the feet of God
Present in this ordinary place, through these ordinary actions
Making the experience extraordinary.

AMEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment