Monday, May 21, 2018

Garden of the Heart

How does the garden of your heart grow?
Is it full of all that provides joy and beauty?
Is it free from the weeds of inattentiveness?
Do you regularly water it with times of quiet?
Is it fed with words that nourish and instruct?

Is the garden of my heart:
a place only for favorite things
or
am I willing to plant something new
that may be different or uncomfortable
but
promises great beauty, joy, hope peace.

Is the garden of my heart:
a place of welcome
a place that is open to all
who seek refuge or understanding
kindness,
belonging.

Is the garden of my heart
reflective of how you, God,
call me to live out Your command
to love others as I love myself.

Is it a place you, God, desire to dwell.

If not help me make it so.
AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment