Friday, September 21, 2018

Worn Out

As I walked through my week I kept hearing from people just how busy fall seems to be and that so many of us seem to already be struggling to find the energy to keep going. If you are like me and need time alone and away from people to recharge, this season of busy can be draining not only physically but emotionally and spiritually as well. So for all of us who seem to have schedules that are overburdened with activities and things demanding our time this poem's for you.  Take a breath, know you are not alone and that together with God we will find our way to a slower pace again.

WORN OUT

Dried up,
Barren,
Nothing left,
is how I feel.

The rat race pace of the week
greedily,
ravenously
consuming what ever energy I have left.

I go through the motions of my
quiet devotion time.
But it is not the same
as the chaos
pounds my soul.

I crave time away from
ALL of humanity.
Blessed quiet and aloneness.
Just me and you God.

But the schedule screams for attention.
Quiet and aloneness seem an
Eternity away.

And still I know you are here
in the middle of my
cranky,
exhausted chaos.
You are here loving me
even as I show the worst side
of myself.

You call to me,
telling me to lean closer.
Reminding me that you
will give me strength
to make it to the end of this chaos.

You remind me of the promise
that you will provide.
That the blessed quiet and aloneness
that feeds me
will be there.

Thanks be to YOU God.
AMEN.




No comments:

Post a Comment