Friday, February 12, 2016

Creative Journey Towards Transformation

Dry Spell, that’s where I am.
The creative words have vanished.
The deep thoughts have flitted away,
leaving a dry sandy place where
creativity once resided.          

But Sand with a little bit of water and hard work
can become a beautiful work of art.

So I wait for the water to well up,
wetting the dry sands of my creativity.
So that once again words may come.



This was the poem that spilled out of my soul a couple of weeks ago. And it was upon opening up my journal to this poem on Tuesday that I finally found my direction into Lent. I realized that I have allowed busyness of life to suppress my creative spirit. And have been neglectful of the creative space in my life. This thought had been brewing for a couple of days after I found the resource Hungering For Life (which can be found here). This is taking me on a creative exploration of a word each week of Lent.

My daughter also asked to do her own lent practice this year. At eight the idea of giving up something was too intimidating, but she embraced the idea of a contemplative coloring time each morning. We worked together to come up with her own creative “packet” for lent and now start our mornings together in my office, me in my chair – she on floor. I am coming to look forward to that time each morning in my office.
           
In the interest of helping me honor this creative space I am making in my life, my plan is through lent to simply post the results of the previous weeks creative contemplation. Please continue to journey with me through this creative space. I hope that you may find your moments of creative transformation as you journey here with me.

This week I am working with the word prepare: join me here next week to see what came forth.



No comments:

Post a Comment