Wednesday, April 20, 2016

This is What Resurrection Looks Like.

The time I spent in Sabbath over Lent provided me with time to renew myself and my soul.  As I have found myself moving into a more complete rhythm of work, family life and Sabbath I have found the promise of new life breaking forth from my soul.  The following gives witness to that experience.


RESURRECTION

A small flutter,
barely a hint,
but still there.

A stirring, rustling
a hint that something
is about to appear.

Then it is there
bursting forth
spreading wings
and getting ready to fly.

What was once burried
is now unearthed,
new and more colorful
and beautiful than before.

My soul,
my true self
found once again.

The time of fallowness
having done its work
to refresh and restore.

This is what resurrection looks like!
This is me ready to soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment