Wednesday, April 6, 2016

And the Words Pour Forth

My Lenten Sabbath spent coloring had another unexpected result. As I moved back into my regular routine of reading from a book specially selected for my devotional time and then taking time to journal I have found that there has been day after day of more contemplative poetry pouring out of my soul.  To honor this out pouring of words I have decided to dedicate the month of April for sharing here some of those poetry prayers.

I invite you to join me here each week this month with a beverage of your choice and an open heart for some quiet reflection with these words from my soul.


Missed You
I've missed you,
This place of quiet contemplation.
You that give witness to the words of my soul.

But, it was also good to be away.
To let the words lay fallow.
To not strain to let them come out.
To not feel like I had to put them to paper.
It was good to just be.

My soul needed that time, 
that permission to rest and be.
That time to let other things nurture it,
other things like color and rest and simplicity.

But now friend, I am back.
And it is good to put words to paper here once again.

This time it is different.
This time I give myself permission.

Permission for the words to not be deeply reflective.
Permission for the words to be deeply reflective.
Permission for pages and pages of words.
Permission for just a few short sentences.
Length and content does not really matter.

What does matter is that I am here
In THIS space with you and 
Even more so with God.
Spending time in this Holy Space of honoring the words of my soul.

This time there are no should's.
Only permissive space and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment