Monday, July 16, 2018

Clouds

White cotton
dropped across a
powder blue canvas.

Drifting gracefully
carried on gentle
unseen currents
of God's breath.

Gazing up,
a moment of pause.
In quiet noiselessness
I hear your invitation to play.

God you whisper
"tell me what you see in the clouds."

My imagination opens up.
The images I see
reflections of what is
deep in my heart.

I speak to God
words of my joy
words of my pain.
Allowing cloud images to
draw forth
the words that have
needed to pour out
of me for so long.

My heart lightens
images seen become
more playful.
And we play.
God tossing clouds.
Me sharing my imagination.

Sunset comes and with it
a call to bodily rest.
Clouds float together a puffy
blanket of purple orange.

A blanket of love
drawn over us as
God tucks us in for sleep.
Waiting for us to wake again
and respond to God's calling
"Come spend time with me,
just as you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment