Monday, July 2, 2018

Gifts from a Tree

I stand and look up
under your leafy boughs
feeling the safety of your
enveloping green blanket
shading me.

I understand now why
the Robin and Cardinal
choose your branches.
Why the rabbit chooses
the base of your trunk.
To rest.

Your branches
dance in the wind.

The leaves rustle
a song as the wind
plays along their
green silkiness.

As we sit together
my soul's pace slows.
Peace is restored.
I am infused with the
wonder of God's
mysterious wisdom in
creating you and your
unique purpose.

So I look up into
your leafy boughs
and find rest for my soul
and a reminder of my
belovedness as a
creation of God also.

And then I just breathe.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Joy,
    Thank you for your meditation on trees. I am always drawn to trees as such a reminder of God's creation and comfort. I especially love the various colors of green on each tree. I appreciate your writing down what some feel but don't have your gift of putting into words.

    Peace, Louise

    ReplyDelete