Thursday, December 3, 2015

Again Oh Lord?

After the news of yesterday, and quite frankly many days before that my heart is troubled.  These words came forth this morning, and I share them here. In my weariness of news of violence no longer can my heart or voice stay silent.


AGAIN OH LORD?

Another shooting Oh Lord!
My heart cries out in weariness and frustration - 
ANOTHER SHOOTING OH LORD!

All I see are victims,
because I have come to believe that the only people left after violence like this are victims.

We each in our own way have all become victims of this violence.
Some are victims because the violence was perpetrated directly on them.

Some are victims because they are weary of being the first responding to the scene, becoming covered in blood as they rush to save lives.

Other of us become victims as we witness over and over again the events of the day on the news. 
We become victims of heart, having our souls battered over and over by the news of all this violence.

And yes, even the perpetrators are victims.
Victims of such hate and brokenness that the only response they have is violence.
The only option they can see is violence.

I am tired of seeing victims all around me.
My hear cries out - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
How long Oh Lord until we are willing to stand together and say NO MORE!

How long oh Lord?
Have mercy on us.

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment