Sunday, October 1, 2017

Gather At The Table

Gather at the table,
The table that is open to all.
All who believe,
All who are trying to believe,
All who are deciding to believe.

It is at the table that the youngest learn to serve.
It is here that they learn the words:
                "This is Christ's body broken for you"
                "This is Christ's blood poured out for you."

Today it is at the table that our future speaks these words:
         -To me
         -To us

These words spoken out of youth-filled belief have a different ring:
      A call back to the simplicity of belief.
      A call back to the power of a simple meal to feed the soul.
      Reminding me of Jesus' words: "Let the little children come to me."

I sink deeply into my own response:
                  THANKS BE TO GOD.



Photo used with permission of children's parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment